Twenty-five Years of Online Excellence!
Updated course information, for both our SUMMER online classes and our school-year AP and Honors online classes, is now updated for 2022-2023. Starting on March 1st, online tuition payments can made-- and *remember*... most full-year classes have an EARLY BIRD tuition fee, which ends on July 1st... so pay tuition earlier rather than later! Students first apply to classes, and once accepted the family can then pay tuition.
Note: OUR STORE IS WORKING AGAIN! But you don't have to order courses in the store. You can always pay for courses by sending us a check to the address listed below. Not only that, but when you send a check you get a 1% discount over paying by PayPal or by credit card!
Here at PA Homeschoolers AP Online we have 25 years of experience teaching classes online. Our classes feature lots of interaction between teachers and students as well as lots of interaction between students. We develop a community of scholars! Our class are for *high school age* students (with an occasional gifted middle schooler)-- adults cannot take part in our classes.
This May all AP exams will be given *at school locations*-- the College Board does NOT have any plans to continue online digital testing at home for spring 2022-- they are experimenting with limited digital testing only for AP World History and AP English Literature but only at school locations. Closer to exam time, remember to check back in with your testing location, to check on any school policies your student may need to follow (including policies on face masks, immunizations, dress codes, etc.).
At Pennsylvania Homeschoolers we have three kinds of courses:
1. Summer Courses. In summer of 2021 we again offered a large number of Summer Enrichment Online classes. We will continue offering a selection of summer classes in summer 2022 also, as students have really appreciated these opportunities-- and our teachers love leading them!
2. AP Courses. The 2022-2023 school year will be our 26th year of offering Advanced Placement (AP) classes online to homeschooled students worldwide. Our classes are not available to public or private brick-and-mortar school students. Our 2022-2023 school year class descriptions are now fully updated, and teachers are actively taking new applications. Our online store is now ready for paying tuition for full-year courses and Summer Enrichment Online classes-- check our online store, once a student has been accepted into a course-- or families can pay by check or use our payment plan. To learn more about our classes, please browse our course descriptions and the class reviews from past students and their parents. Reviews are linked at the end of each course description. (Obviously, first-year teachers won't yet have 'class reviews'.)
3. Honors Courses. During the 2022-2023 school year we will again be offering honors classes online to homeschooled students worldwide. These classes prepare students to participate in AP classes in the future. We have some new Honors classes available this coming year-- check the listing!
If you are curious to see what a dozen students think about our Pennsylvania Homeschoolers AP Online classes, check this YouTube video from our first ever AP STUDENT PANEL, held at our March 2020 virtual High School at Home Conference. As the theme of the conference was on developing helpful *communities* as we homeschool, we asked the students to specifically share about that aspect of taking part in our courses-- and I think you'll find their thoughts really heart-warming, especially when thinking about the struggles so many young people have had during required 'sheltering in place'. And here is the link to the YouTube video of our 2nd AP STUDENT PANEL at our March 2021 High School at Home Conference (sorry that the video is a bit blurry-- but the sound quality is very good!). Again, you'll gain a sense of the type of student who thrives in our classes, and see what our students have appreciated about our classes. Special THANK YOU to each of these students for being ready to share with all of us!
And here is a link to the Keynote Address given by Pennsylvania Homeschoolers AP Online program director Susan Richman at this same 2021 High School at Home Conference, speaking on the topic of Finding Resilience in Our New Normal
Check this link if you would like to register for the all-day Monday, March 14, 2022 Pennsylvania Homeschoolers High School at Home Conference-- you'll get to hear and see a nice range of AP and Honors teachers sharing about their classes, and much more-- and this year we'll have two student panel sessions-- one focusing on our AP classes, and one on how students have found ways to develop their own unique LEADERSHIP abilities while homeschooling. Don't miss this unique opportunity!
Parents may want to check out the NEW College Board PARENT section of their website, especially their *Parent Webinar* series. You'll see that there are several directly related to the College Board Advanced Placement (AP) program, giving you further background on the goals of AP overall. Plus you'll find great ideas on navigating the whole college admissions process also. Well worth a look! ALSO-- check out this excellent new College Board AP page especially for *homeschool students*! This includes everything you need to know about signing up for exams, and more.
NCAA--YES! Several years ago, our program completed the process to have our AP courses approved as *core courses* for the NCAA eligibility requirements for student-athletes seeking to play Division I and II sports in college. (The only AP courses we offer not considered as 'core courses' are AP Art History, AP Studio Art, and AP Music Theory-- these don't count as 'core courses' for public schools, either...) We now regularly submit our Pennsylvania Homeschoolers AP Online transcripts for our student-athletes who are registered with the NCAA. Hooray!!!
During the 2021-2022 school year we have had well over 1000 students involved in our classes, and many of these students were taking two, three, and even four classes through our program (especially once they are experienced in AP level coursework). We hope that your students will be able to join us next school year! We are proud of the academic community that has developed as homeschooled high school students connect with their bright, motivated classmates from all across our nation and even around the world.
- how we became one of the first online AP course providers in existence,
- why our full-year AP courses each have a unique format and feel,
- and how homeschooled students from anywhere in the world can apply to our classes.
Our classes develop a community of scholars who interact through class postings, course-related projects and games, responding to one another's work, discussions, and much more. Check out our new Class Showcase postings by teachers to get a feel for their classes in action.
See statistics from the College Board showing that more than three quarters of our students earn top grades of 4 or 5 on the AP exams, and learn how word of mouth has helped our courses grow without a marketing campaign or corporate backing.
In short, find out what makes hundreds of homeschooled students return to our courses year after year. We hope you join our class community! Learn more...
We look forward to serving you with our wide range of AP and Honors online classes during the 2022-2023 school year! All course descriptions are now *updated* and you can start making choices on what class will be a great fit. Our ONLINE STORE is also now fully updated-- so you can pay tuition online!