A Quarter Century of Online Excellence!
We have more than 25 years of experience providing highly interactive online AP classes, with more than 1000 students enrolled in our classes during the last school year. We are proud of the academic community that has developed as homeschooled high school students connect with their bright, motivated classmates from all across our nation and even around the world.
At Pennsylvania Homeschoolers we offer three kinds of courses:
- AP Courses. The 2022-2023 school year will be our 26th year of offering Advanced Placement (AP) classes online to homeschooled students worldwide. Our 2022-2023 school year class descriptions are now fully updated, and many teachers are still accepting new applications. To learn more about our classes, please browse our course descriptions and the class reviews from past students and their parents. Reviews are linked at the end of each course description. NOTE: Our classes are not available to public or private brick-and-mortar school students or to adults.
- Honors Courses. During the 2022-2023 school year we will again be offering honors classes online to homeschooled students worldwide. These classes prepare students to participate in AP classes in the future.
- Summer Courses. In summer we offer a selection of Summer Enrichment Online classes, ranging from college application essay prep to a Shakespeare intensive to STEM classes.
To learn more about our courses, you might look at this panel discussion from our March 2020 High School at Home conference. As the theme of the conference was on developing helpful communities as we homeschool, we asked the students to specifically share about that aspect of taking part in our courses. You'll gain a sense of the type of student who thrives in our classes, and see what our students have appreciated about our classes.
- how we became one of the first online AP course providers in existence,
- why our full-year AP courses each have a unique format and feel,
- and how homeschooled students from anywhere in the world can apply to our classes.
Our classes develop a community of scholars who interact through class postings, course-related projects and games, responding to one another's work, discussions, and much more. Check out our Class Showcase postings by teachers to get a feel for their classes in action.
See statistics from the College Board showing that more than three quarters of our students earn top grades of 4 or 5 on the AP exams, and learn how word of mouth has helped our courses grow without a marketing campaign or corporate backing. We're even NCAA-core-course eligible for students seeking admission to Division I or II schools!
In short, find out what makes hundreds of homeschooled students return to our courses year after year. We hope you join our class community! Learn more...
We look forward to serving you with our wide range of AP and Honors online classes during the 2023-2024 school year and beyond!
Some classes are still accepting applicants-- check individual course descriptions to see who still has room.