Pennsylvania Homeschoolers

AP* Online Classes

I definitely recommend this class. It was one of my favorites this year. The concepts are usually very straightforward and make a lot of sense. Mr. Burns is a great teacher and was happy to answer any question I had. While some math is involved, it is very basic. If you can multiply, divide, draw graphs, and understand exponents, you should do just fine. 

Refunds Policy for Withdrawals and Dismissals for AP Classes that start during the fall semester

Dismissals will occur when the teacher writes, by certified mail return receipt requested, to AP Homeschoolers (105 Richman LN, Kittanning PA 16201) notifying us that the student has been dismissed from the class because of the student's failure to complete class requirements. The date of dismissal will be indicated by the date that the certified letter was postmarked.

Withdrawals will occur when the parent writes, by certified mail return receipt requested, to AP Homeschoolers (105 Richman LN, Kittanning PA 16201) notifying us that the student is withdrawing from the class. The date of withdrawal will be indicated by the date that the certified letter was postmarked. In that letter, the parent must include the reason that the student is withdrawing from the class.

The family will receive a refund from AP Homeschoolers based upon the remaining portion of the class for withdrawals or dismissals that occur before January 1:

  1. For withdrawals or dismissals before August 1, parents will receive a 90% refund. The other 10% is a non-refundable registration deposit.
  2. For withdrawals or dismissals before September 1, parents will receive an 80% refund. The other 20% is a non-refundable registration deposit.
  3. For withdrawals or dismissals in September, parents will receive an 70% refund.
  4. For withdrawals or dismissals in October parents will receive a 60% refund.
  5. For withdrawals or dismissals in November parents will receive a 50% refund.
  6. For withdrawals or dismissals in December or after, parents will receive no tuition refund.

The same refund policy applies when parents transfer a student from one AP Homeschoolers class to another except that the refund will be 5% higher. For example, if a parent transfers a student from one AP Homeschoolers class to another before August 1, the refund on the first class would be 95%, which would be put toward the tuition of the second class (with any extra being returned to the parent).

When students are dismissed from a class after November because of the student's failure to complete class requirements, no refund will be given.

Refunds for withdrawals after November would only be given when a teacher has been failing to fulfill his or her class commitments. Where such refunds are granted they will be based upon the following schedule:

  1. The maximum refund for a withdrawal during December would be 40%.
  2. The maximum refund for a withdrawal during January would be 30%.
  3. The maximum refund for a withdrawal during February would be 20%.
  4. The maximum refund for a withdrawal during March would be 10%

No refunds will be given for any reason whatsoever after March.

Refunds Policy for Withdrawals and Dismissals for half year AP Classes that start during the spring semester (i.e., on or after January 1)

Dismissals will occur when the teacher writes, by certified mail return receipt requested, to PA Homeschoolers (105 Richman LN, Kittanning PA 16201) notifying us that the student has been dismissed from the class because of the student's failure to complete class requirements. The date of dismissal will be indicated by the date that the certified letter was postmarked.

Withdrawals will occur when the parent writes, by certified mail return receipt requested, to PA Homeschoolers (105 Richman LN, Kittanning PA 16201) notifying us that the student is withdrawing from the class. The date of withdrawal will be indicated by the date that the certified letter was postmarked. In that letter, the parent must include the reason that the student is withdrawing from the class.

The family will receive a refund from PA Homeschoolers based upon the remaining portion of the class for withdrawals or dismissals that occur before January 1:

  1. For withdrawals or dismissals before January 1, parents will receive a 90% refund. The other 10% is a non-refundable registration deposit.
  2. For withdrawals or dismissals after December 31 but before class begins, parents will receive an 80% refund. The other 20% percent is a non-refundable registration deposit.
  3. For withdrawals or dismissals after class begins, but before February 1 (before March 1 for a class that begins in February), parents will receive a 65% refund.
  4. For withdrawals or dismissals during February (between March 1 through March 15 for a class that begins in February), parents will receive a 50% refund.
  5. For withdrawals or dismissals in March or later (March 16 or later for a class that begins in February), parents will receive no tuition refund.

The same refund policy applies when parents transfer a student from one spring semester AP Homeschoolers class to another except that the refund will be 5% higher. For example, if a parent transfers a student from one AP Homeschoolers class to another before January 1, the refund on the first class would be 95%, which would be put toward the tuition of the second class (with any extra being returned to the parent).

When students are dismissed from a class after February (after March 15 for a class that begins in February) because of the student's failure to complete class requirements, no refund will be given.

Refunds for withdrawals after February (after March 15 for a class that begins in February) would only be given when a teacher has been failing to fulfill his or her class commitments. Where such refunds are granted they will be based upon the following schedule:

  1. The maximum refund for a withdrawal during March (March 16 - 31 for a class that begins in February) would be 40%.
  2. The maximum refund for a withdrawal during April would be 20%.

No refunds will be given for any reason whatsoever after April.

Summer Workshop Withdrawal Policy:

This policy currently applies only to the college application essay workshop, which runs for three weeks during the summer. The family will receive a refund from AP Homeschoolers based upon the remaining portion of the class for withdrawals or dismissals before ten days after the start of the workshop:

  1. For withdrawals or dismissals up to two weeks before the first day of the workshop, parents will receive a 90% refund. The other 10% is a non-refundable registration deposit.
  2. For withdrawals or dismissals less than two weeks before the first day of the workshop but before workshop begins, parents will receive an 80% refund. The other 20% percent is a non-refundable registration deposit.
  3. For withdrawals or dismissals after class begins but before ten days after the start of the workshop, parents will receive a 50% refund.
  4. For withdrawals or dismissals ten days after the workshop begins or later, parents will receive no tuition refund.