We offer Advanced Placement (AP) courses to homeschooled students worldwide. (Our classes are not available to public or private brick-and-mortar school students.) Our 2019-2020 school year class descriptions will be updated by the first week in February, and teachers will begin taking new applications at that point. Our online store will be ready for paying tuition by March 1, 2019, once a student has been accepted into a course. To learn more about our classes, please browse our course descriptions and the reviews from past students and their parents. Reviews are linked at the end of each course description.
Parents may want to check out the NEW College Board PARENT section of their website, especially their *Parent Webinar* series. You'll see that there are several directly related to the College Board Advanced Placement (AP) program, giving you further background on the goals of AP overall. Plus you'll find great ideas on navigating the whole college admissions process also. Well worth a look! ALSO-- check out this excellent new College Board AP page especially for *homeschool students*! This includes everything you need to know in a nice 2-page PDF you can print out or use online!
We are pleased to be able to offer once again a full listing of AP courses-- hope you'll be able to find a course here that matches your student's interests and abilities! These courses help students be well prepared for the College Board AP Exams, given in mid-May each year (see this link for the 2018-2019 AP exam schedule).
- Peter Cahill will be leading AP World History. Peter taught a small section of this class for two years, and is now rejoining our staff and leading the course fully. Peter took almost every AP Online class we offered back when he was a homeschool student-- and enjoy reading about all the many fascinating things that Peter has done since then!
- Kay BenAvraham and Katie Trudeau will each be leading new sections of AP English Literature, carrying on Ruth Green's fine legacy in their own unique ways. Both were English Literature majors and have strong backgrounds in writing and editing. I know both Kay and Katie will be perfect additions to our staff!
During the 2017-2018 school year we have had approximately 792 students involved in our classes, and many of these students were taking two, three, and even four classes through our program. We hope that your students will be able to join us next school year! We are proud of the academic community that has developed as homeschooled high school students connect with their bright, motivated classmates from all across our nation and even around the world.
- how we became one of the first online AP course providers in existence,
- why our full-year AP courses each have a unique format and feel,
- and how homeschooled students from anywhere in the world can apply to our classes.
Our classes develop a community of scholars who interact through class postings, course-related games, responding to one another's work, discussions, and much more. Check out our new Class Showcase postings by teachers to get a feel for their classes in action.
See statistics from the College Board showing that more than three quarters of our students earn top grades of 4 or 5 on the AP exams, and learn how word of mouth has helped our courses grow without a marketing campaign or corporate backing.
In short, find out what makes hundreds of homeschooled students return to our courses year after year. We hope you join our class community! Learn more...
We will have all of our Pennsylvania Homeschoolers AP Online class information for the 2019-2020 school year updated by the first week in February! Students can begin the *application process* at that time, and *tuition payments* can be made starting on March 1, 2019. Hope you'll find AP coursework suitable for your student!